Sunday, July 31, 2011

Donkey's years


What age is it ?
What will I be ?
What has become of me ?
These are the question that perplex me.

At age 5 I was
What I wanted to be An Astronaut
With my wild Imagination running amok
Supporting my crazy dreams of the size behemoth.
 So betrothed I was with my fantasies
That I forgot what was my reality
But Alas I was at 5.
An age when Dreams Is what we lived by.

At age 15 I was
Nothing better than what I appeared
With fear smeared all over my thoughts
Like a prisoner on the execution platform
It is the time I would like nothing better to forget
For it was then I enrolled into the Rat Race, I regret.
In the end it separated me from my friends
Caused some irreparable dents.
But Alas I was 15
Nothing more than teenage trying to find his identity.

At age 18 I was
Finally free to do what I want
Or so I thought.
With the advent of my new life style
Getting used to my college took me a while.
I often wonder why was I there, engineering was like drinking bile
Engineering was made survivable by few a friend, some bonds established were never meant.
But Alas I was 18
Confused and filled with naivety.

At age 22 I am
Entering into a new world
The question Am I ready for it as yet? I wonder.
But Alas 22 I am
Still as confused as back then.

What age is it ?
What will I be ?
What has become of me ?
These are the question that perplex me.

5 comments:

  1. Finally I gathered the courage to post my first poem for public viewing. Hope you enjoy it and if not please feel free to criticize it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL WRITTEN KEEP IT UP
    ARSHDEEP'S MOM
    AMARJIT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Arshdeep!
    Very very nice to see you get out of your closet and blog your thoughts. For one, I wouldn't have expected you to post and therefore it is a surprise, and a pleasant one at that. HA ha!
    Two, I too took a long long time to muster the courage to post, and so I can imagine what you must be feeling. Glad you did!
    Coming to the poem, Wow. I Like! Especially, '...engineering was like drinking bile.' Ha ha! Very Amusing. Keep going. Would like to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Aparna thanks a lot. Gee..I am too dumbstruck to really write anything that what we would call a decent reply. The only thing coming to my mind right now is Thanks a Lot :)

    ReplyDelete